Sonos is too complicated

• 15 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Just wanted to say I will never buy another Sonos product. 

With all the tech updates and going through wifi, it is far too frustrating to just get the damn speaker to just work. With all the other over-wifi tech solutions out there…..happy to say I CAN NOT WAIT TO SWITCH!!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Take care!  Brush your hair!

Likely, a basic Bluetooth or Airplay 2 speaker would best suit your needs.

Most people would consider me to be somewhat tech savvy. Recently I encountered a competing product and I ran around in circles while attempting to set it up. I consider SONOS to be much easier to setup,

..happy to say I CAN NOT WAIT TO SWITCH!!!!!

To which alternative system? Please do tell. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Just wanted to say I will never buy another Sonos product. 

With all the tech updates and going through wifi, it is far too frustrating to just get the damn speaker to just work. With all the other over-wifi tech solutions out there…..happy to say I CAN NOT WAIT TO SWITCH!!!!!

I was also beginning to get frustrated with WiFi until I used an ethernet cable to directly connect the Arc to my router and so far (touchwood) no problems.

Sonos is a networked sound system, so if you don’t have a good network, or the ability to do relatively  simple maintenance to the network if there are issues, you will have problems with Sonos, or any other network dependent speaker system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Wow, they even liked their own post.  There are a few bots about it seems.