Sonos in the garden

• 26 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi 

recently bought a Sonos Roam, ideally to utilise in the garden. My wi fi doesn’t stretch that far (I’d only need it around 20 feet from the back door max) so was considering a wi fi extender but I don’t think Sonos will be compatible, is that correct?

so was then looking at the Sonos Boost but then still have my wi fi garden issue. 

not really sure what to buy, don’t mind spending the cash as long as it does the job. 

Also been reading about Wiring one Sonos product to the router which is doable but not ideal, currently all wireless 

any help appreciated!

matt

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No point in the Boost or wiring a Sonos product to use the SonosNet signal as the Roam does not use that type of signal - usually a WiFi repeater/access point will work - i have used a tp-link WiFi extender in the past and that worked okay for me. I just set it up to use the same subnet SSID/credentials and same channels as my routers 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi channels. It worked fine.

Access points work with Sonos if there is an option to turn off DHCP server. TP Link WA 850 is one that works, offering this option.