Answered

Sonos in France, any complications v. U.S.?

• 25 August 2014
  • 4 replies

i am planning on buying a sonos product as a gift for a friends' home in France do I need to buy a special product or adapter for that country?
icon

Best answer by Dominique Z 28 August 2014, 02:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello ronnieb,

The warranty on Sonos components is only valid for the region it was purchased in. 

I'd recommend that you use our website to purchase the unit for them, change the country to France and have the unit delivered right to their home as a gift. That way they get a French unit and the correct cable.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Except for the Warranty, there is no issue with US Sonos in Europe. When I moved to Germany, I brought my Sonos system 2 play 1 and a play 5, and a connect with me. All I needed to do was get a new figure 8 power cables, that fit the European socket.
There will now be issues on the voice control feature which will not work in all EU countries. The rest will all work fine.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Maybe with alexa, but when google comes out. It will not be an issue for google. It updates to the server your google account is on. So with google assistant, if you have a US account, using it on European google home. It will set up the assistance to the US settings. Visa versa as well. US google home with a European account will update to the European country you are in.

The google home mini I got as a free promotion, is a Germany google home mini. When you turn it on for the first time it greets you in german. One I loaded it into my google home app. It went completely US English. So when I got my friend a google home mini for the US, it worked once she loaded to her german google home app.

So if alexa does not update to the account server, it is another reason to avoid it.