Question

Sonos home theatre set up with Projector

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m looking for a bit of help and advice. I am looking to buy a Sonos home theatre system, preferably with the arc or beam as the sound bar, Sonos One (2off) and Sub. I want to be able to connect this to a projector (not currently bought but thinking of an Epson EH-TW650). 

I was wondering what would be the best way to do this? Is there a Sonos product I could use to connect these? Or will I need an HDMI matrix switch?

P.S. I would also be looking to connect a PS5 and Virgin Media box in this set up.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Be advised both Beam and Arc need HDMI-ARC, unless you want to revert to optical. Most beamers are not equipped this. Maybe the HDFury Arcana and an HDMI-switch could help here - I have no experience with this myself, so maybe others can help. Take a look here: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/don-t-have-earc-get-atmos-w-hd-fury-arcana-pre-orders-now-live-6844338

Cheers for the info. I’m assuming the Beam and Arc would still function with a regular HDMI but just not with the atmos ability? Or is hdmi arc a different fitting all together? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, both Arc and Beam will not function with "regular HDMI”. HDMI-ARC uses the same connector, but different connections within the connector (i.e. the Audio Return Channel). The connector will fit, but you will not get any sound - if your projector does not have HDMI-ARC (and most haven't).

If that is the case optical or the Arcana (possibly) wil be your only options. 

Ah ok! I think I’ll need to try and find an HDMI matrix that has an optical cable input then. I don’t believe the projector has an optical outlet