Sonos Hardware Lifespan- Should I buy or wait?

• 31 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m thinking about expanding my Sonos system to my wired speakers with a Sonos Amp. Now, this product is about to be 2yo, you think is a good time to buy or a Sonos Amp 2 might be on it’s way?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No one really knows for sure, but I’d be somewhat surprised if a new version of the Sonos Amp came out soon. The number of years between the release of the CONNECT:AMP and the release of the replacement Sonos Amp was significantly greater than two years. 

I’m pretty sure that even if you get it now and something better comes out in 2 years they will:

a)  continue to support your hardware for possibly up to 10 years (from when it was released)​​​​​​​
b)  give you trade-in credit (probably only if it falls out of support though, which it won’t be in 2 years)

I’m pretty sure that even if you get it now and something better comes out in 2 years they will:

a)  continue to support your hardware for possibly up to 10 years (from when it was released)
b)  give you trade-in credit (probably only if it falls out of support though, which it won’t be in 2 years)

And c) if current Sonos Amp hardware can support it, do a firmware upgrade on the Amp with new features.