Answered

Sonos Five issue

• 8 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello! 

So I have encountered an issue regarding a recent order from a local retailer here in Riga, Latvia. I ordered SONOS Five from their internet store - https://www.tet.lv/veikals/sonos-five-black.html which appears to really be SONOS Five. It looks the same as the one from the SONOS product page. 

They delivered me this product instead - SONOS PLAY:5 (Gen2) (see the pictures attached): 

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

When I contacted them about this issue, they insisted that it is the same product. Is it really because a simple google search seems to reveal different information? Also they are saying that after contacting SONOS, they have be assured that it is the same speaker.

Am I really mixing up two different products here?

In regards, Linda

icon

Best answer by James L. 8 March 2021, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @lindaclover, welcome to the Sonos community.

The pictures of the item you received are indeed of a Play:5 Gen 2, which is not the same model as advertised on that website.

As for differences between the two: Five features updated internal technology, including increased memory and a more powerful CPU, as well as a new monochromatic finish. The easiest way to tell the difference is on the logo on the grille; the Play:5 Gen 2 has it inside a rectangle whereas the Five has not.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Badge

Thank you James! 

This answer will work as a proof that they are lying, even though I can see the difference between those two Sonos speakers, seems like customer support from this internet shop can not.

Also, I doubt that they ever contacted Sonos with this issue. I hope this problem will be solved quickly and I will receive my Sonos Five soon!