Answered

Sonos Era 300 As Surround Sound for TV

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I purchased an Arc and Sub (Gen 3) 9 months ago and I like the products. I have thought about purchasing two Era 300 speakers to complement my system which I have in my living room. I currently live in an apartment, with a sectional sofa taking up the entire living room. I would be able to situate the right Era 300 behind the sofa (on a counter) however the left Era 300 would have to be located to the side of the sofa (there is a wall directly behind this side of the sofa). Would this be a bad investment? 

Im not sure how much the location in the room has to do with the Era 300’s sound quality but I would not be able to have them centered behind me, as one would be behind the right side of the sectional and one would be to the side of the left side of the sectional. I am willing to make the purchase but I dont want to make the investment if it will sound weird or the sound will seem “uneven?”

Could anyone provide any advice or insight? I will not be in this apartment long term (more than 2 years) but I dont want to buy them if it will not work with my current setup.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 6 February 2024, 09:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos offer generous home trial periods. Buy-and-try; if they’re no good as surrounds and you have no need for them elsewhere in the property, return them for a refund. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@zw890 

Of course not optimal conditions… as Era300s audio impact depends a lot on positioning and sound reflection possibilities. 
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/blog/guide-to-era-smart-speakers

But I agree with @nik9669a and would give it a try as there‘s no risk for you. 😎