Answered

Sonos Ceiling Speaker Setup

• 24 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I am trying to set up Sonos system in each of my 4 bedrooms. What I would like is each bedroom to have ceiling speaker(s) with ability to play a different audio in each bedroom.

What would be the cheapest Sonos solution?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by buzz 24 February 2024, 11:45

View original

7 replies

You will need an AMP for each Room. Speakers for each Room are wired to their own AMP. Physical Location of the AMP’s is flexible as long as each AMP has a wired or WiFi connection available.

You will need an AMP for each Room. Speakers for each Room are wired to their own AMP. Physical Location of the AMP’s is flexible as long as each AMP has a wired or WiFi connection available.

So, a $700 amp for each room PLUS whatever speakers I decide to use. I may have to rethink this then. Thank you for your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You’d likely be a lot happier (and have more money left) by putting an Era-100 (inexpensive but better than most ceiling speakers) or Five (not cheap but the best single speaker sound) in each room. Adding a second pf teh same speaker would ley you have stereo.

Another option, that I have here, is a Beam or Ray as a non-TV speaker. My Beam does an excellent job of replacing two Ones as far as sound goes and is much less visible.

An expensive part of this scheme is the requirement for simultaneously playing different music in each Room. You can attach multiple pairs of speakers to an AMP, using in room Volume controls, but a given AMP can only play one source at a time.

I’m thinking of purchasing the ceiling speakers for my main bedroom. Do I need to purchase the AMP with the speakers or will the speakers be enough? 

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The ceiling speakers are passive speakers, which means they do not have any amplification. This means you need an Amp.

Thank you!