Sonos Boost Power Extension

• 10 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I need to position my Boost further away from the current power socket. Has anyone found an extension cable or longer power supply for a Sonos Boost please? I have tried the usual Amazon/EBay searches but not yet found anything suitable?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What’s wrong with a standard extension cord?

The Boost is currently plugged into an 8-way extension cord that powers a variety of kit, therefore you shouldn’t put one extension lead into another.

Sure. Just run an extension cord of the appropriate length from another outlet. Sonos doesn’t care what wall plug it is getting electricity from. 

To my knowledge, companies like Flexson only make power cable extensions for speakers, and not for the BOOST. At least I’ve never seen one.

The Boost is currently plugged into an 8-way extension cord that powers a variety of kit, therefore you shouldn’t put one extension lead into another.

Possibly, if you were plugging a multi-way extension into another multi-way extension, with each carrying multiple appliances that had significant power ratings. 

A 1-way extension cord is no different from using any other longer cord. And in any case the current drawn by a Boost is absolutely tiny.

Are you using the Boost wirelessly or are router and Boost moving location together?

Userlevel 7

I haven’t bought it, but came across this cable when buying a Boost recently

https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-long-power-cable-for-sonos-one-3-5m/white/p5011308

Although it says Sonos One in title, the picture showing (for White option) is the Boost connector, but pricey at £24.95 !!!

I haven’t bought it, but came across this cable when buying a Boost recently

https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-long-power-cable-for-sonos-one-3-5m/white/p5011308

Although it says Sonos One in title, the picture showing (for White option) is the Boost connector, but pricey at £24.95 !!!

An incorrect picture. There isn’t an extended Boost PSU/cable available. Just the standard one.