Sonos Beam x2 One SL, 42inch tv

• 28 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey. 

really keen on creating a surround sound system on my tv. Currently we just use the tv speakers but have a pair of stereo One SLs behind the couch. a few questions: 

1. If we added a Beam and connected the ones to it would it make a decent surround sound?
  2. could we still use the Ones SLs as a stereo pair for music?
  3. will the beam be big enough for the tv?
  4. is the beam future proof? I.e when we upgrade the tv to a 55inch, will I soon be wanting the arc? 
  5. is it worth the purchase ya think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

How large is your room?

ONE’s can be bonded as a stereo pair or bonded to BEAM. When bonded to BEAM, the ONE’s will be part of the surround system. When playing music while bonded to BEAM, the ONE’s will be stereo, but BEAM will also play in stereo. You can tinker with the rear levels.

Goodness of sound is in the ear of the listener. Only you know what sounds “Best” to you.

Thank you for the reply.

The room is 8m x 5m.  We’ve set the tv couch up width ways. We’re 3.5m from tv. 

so I can still use the Ones SLs as a stereo pair, but the beam will also be playing in stereo too?

Yes, when playing music in a surround room, both front and rear speakers will play in stereo.