Answered

Sonos Beam + sub mini + Era 100 or Era 300?

• 20 September 2023
  • 11 replies

I bought a "beam" and now I'm undecided whether to add Era 100 or Era 300. Does era 300 make sense with a beam? Does Atmos work in the sound round Era 100 + beam configuration or only with Era 300? In addition to these I will also buy a sub-mini. Thank you

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 20 September 2023, 09:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Atmos will work with Beam and Era 100's, but you'll only get Atmos from the Beam. The Era 300 has it's own Atmos speakers, so Atmos will be better with them. Pricewise they seem overkill with a Beam though.

the problem is exactly that. I think it might be too much to combine an era 300 with a sound bar like the beam. probably worth the expense if you have an arc, is the reasoning right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That would be my reasoning, yes.

Hi guys

I can't put an arc in my room as I would have to remodel (which will happen in the nxt couple of yrs) so if I bought a beam with x2 era 300's do you think it would sound OK without adding the mini sub atm due to cost and also wanting atmos knowing I'll be upgrading in the future or would you advise the beam with sub? 

Thanks for your time guys

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Beam and 300s would sound good for TV and be really good for streaming if you set Full Mode.

If you get the 300s now you’d be set when you do upgrade the Beam to an Arc.

We use the Beam Gen1 with no Sub and it is quite good for general TV viewing, really not bad even for movies although the difference is amazing when you can try both. Easy for us as we have two Beams, one with the Sub and One surrounds, the other with neither.

As with the 100 / 300 surround question, the full Sub would have you good with the Arc and be fine with the Beam until then.

Stanley_4

Thank you kind sir, my order has gone in and I'm awaiting delivery....

Badge

I do have beam gen 2 + sub mini and pair of 100’s and cant say that I am satisfied with the performance.

I am not going to change the beam with an arc but I am planning to add 2 x Era 300 in order to get better sound of it. 

I hope I am doing it right but again with the 100’s I am not satisfied

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you explain what it is that you’re missing? What is “better sound” to you?

Badge

Can you explain what it is that you’re missing? What is “better sound” to you?

it is not that ERA 100s are bad, I just want to get more Atmos and guess since Era 300s have their own Atmos speakers , I am expecting better sound. 

plz. correct me if I am wrong. should I not expect a big difference between them ? if yes , I need to re-consider and not even pay for a pair of ERA 300

300's at the back are a massive upgrade from the 100's

I have a friend with the arc, mini sub and 100's 

I have the beam, mini sub and 300's and my system sounds alot better imho 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could certainly try the 300’s and let us know if you like them with a Beam (gen 2).