Sonos Beam Gen 2 to TP Link Powerline

• 18 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Anybody got experience of using TP Link as the sole Ethernet connection to their Sonos system? Is it stable, reliable and an improvement on a wifi only Sonos set up?

Many thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos doesn't support Ethernet Over Power type connections.  That doesn’t mean it won’t work, some have used them in the past.  But there is no official support for them. 

Badge +1

Hi jgatie 

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that Sonos don’t necessarily support such connections but due to the location of my router use of a TP Link powerline or similar is my only alternative to a Wireless set up. As such I’d interested to hear from other users re their experiences.

There aren’t that many around.  I do know there was one model of EOP which didn’t forward Broadcast packets used by Sonos, so it was completely incompatible.  However, the search here is so useless, it’s impossible to locate that thread. 

EoP is my last choice, but it can be the magic bullet. It’s worth a try if you have a difficult situation. Avoid having a high end surge suppressor in the same outlet as EoP. It’s also best if all of the outlets using EoP are in the same column in your circuit breaker panel. Older homes with multiple electrical panels are usually high EoP risks if the EoP must travel between panels.