Answered

Sonos Beam and single Sonos Five for music only in my living room.

• 5 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 2 replies

I have a single Sonos Five in some builtin shelves in my living room right now, and it sounds great. I would like to get a Sonos Beam gen 2 for the TV in the living room also. I DON’T want to use the Five for the TV. We already have another TV in a game room with ARC, Sub, and One SL surrounds.

However, I would like to use the Beam and the single Five for music. I listen to music in my living room way more than watch TV in that space.

How does adding the Beam to my living room TV add to music experience? Would I need 2 separate “rooms” on the app for the Beam and Five since I'm not going to use the Five when I watch TV?

The other more expensive option was to go all out and get 4 Sonance in ceiling speakers with an amp and Beam. Then find another spot for the Five. Not really going to happen at this point.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 5 March 2022, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just just create another room and group when listening to music.

Userlevel 7

The other more expensive option was to go all out and get 4 Sonance in ceiling speakers with an amp and Beam. Then find another spot for the Five. Not really going to happen at this point.

If music is more important than TV, have you considered just buying another Five to create a stereo pair?

If you still wanted to improve the TV sound, you could add the Beam for that, but keep the Fives as a separate room.