Sonos Arc Dolby Atmos - Some Questions.

• 24 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I'm looking to purchase the Sonos Arc Dolby Atmos system. I have a few questions first.

1) Can I purchase directly from the website? If so, does anyone know if I pay in instalments or with credit? Are there any payment options beyond paying upfront?

2) Apparently they are out of stock. Any idea when they typically get more in stock?

3) I'm unsure about what to do in terms of placement. At the moment, my current soundbar sits on top of a TV unit, in front of the TV, but the soundbar isn't tall enough that it gets in the way. Unfortunately, the Sonos bar is tall enough that it will block the bottom of my screen. So, I can either put my TV on the wall (which I don't want to do) or I can put the soundbar on a shelf underneath the top of the TV unit. I've read that the soundbar fires upwards, so I'm guessing that it has to be in a position where nothing is directly above it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

1a) yes.

1b) installments, no, credit card, yes.

1c) no.

1. no
  2. There are many threads about placement of the Arc, beyond the recommendations that Sonos suggests on their web page. I’d encourage you to search on this forum. 
Userlevel 7

Hi @ClarkKent77 

Yes you can purchase directly from the website. My friend @Airgetlam probably isn’t aware of this as he has deep pockets :relaxed: .

Sonos partners with Klarna for time payments available at checkout for items not on backorder. You may still be able to use Klarna for back-ordered Sonos via their phone App for 0% interest 4 installments over 6 weeks or extended low interest time payments.

Click this link for information on placement of the Arc and surrounds. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ClarkKent77 : I see from your profile that you are in the UK. If you have a Paypal account, you may also be eligible for Paypal credit which often gives you a 3 or 4 month buy now, pay later option at zero% interest. You can’t pre-order new items or order items on back order though using Paypal on the main website. Not sure if you order through the phone App.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks, guys!