Nintendo Switch over HDMI

my maybe future setup:

sonos arc over HDMI 2.1 eARC to LG TV OLED65G19LA

2x sonos one

sub (gen 1)

all set as a dolby atmos 7.1?

PS5 over HDMI 2.1

Nintendo Switch over HDMI

Before I buy a new sonos arc, would my future setup technically work? The LG OLED65G19LA does support Dolby Atmos and has HDMI eARC and I’ve got the HDMI 2.1 cables but will it passtrough the Dolby Atmos from another HDMI input like a PS5? Or would only support the integratet Apps on the LG TV (webOS 6.0) like Netflix/Disney+ the Dolby Atmos?

thx for your help

icon

Best answer by LuvBuv 4 June 2021, 13:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If the TV is equipped with eARC, it should pass through Dolby Atmos audio from external media devices connected to the other HDMI ports on the TV as long as you are playing Dolby Atmos content on Atmos-supported devices.

NOTE: The setup you described is a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system, not 7.1.

Hi GuitarSuperstar

thanks for your help. Will order the sonos arc today 👍🏼

greez

luvbuv

Finally, got my sonos arc!

Setup the new arc with the LG G1 also with the IR Remote, all good. Set on TV Audio to HDMI (ARC) Device, HDMI Input to Bitstream and also set my PS5 to Surround/Soundbar and try several other configurations → the Sonos App shows always „Stereo PCM“ when I watch content from the PS5.

As soon I start Netflix/Disney+ direct from the TV WebOS the Sonos App shows Dolby Digital 5.1 but still no Dolby Atmos also when I play Dolby Atmos content…

so far not really happy with a brand new 800$ Sonos Arc 😳

Any suggests?

thx for your help

Found the solution by myself 🤦🏼‍♂️

PS5 doesn‘t support Dolby Atmos and you ned the set the Audio settings on the PS5 to TV and then to Dolby Digital or DTS.

Sorry