Sonos Arc compatibility with Samsung Q95T

• 3 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I have recently put a deposit for a Samsung Q95T with the one box.

I am set on buying the Arc sorround set. However after doing some online researching I have found a lot of concerning remarks that the Sonos Arc and Samsung Q95T have some connectivity issues.

May I check if the problem has been resolved? If not I will look into buying another TV.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are set on using the Sonos Arc, it might be best to purchase a different TV. Based on the discussions I’ve read, it looks like Q95T owners are still experiencing issues.

Thanks buddy, been trying to look online for answers but couldn't find anything. Looks like I may swap to the LG CX then. 

Userlevel 7

Are you using any external media devices?

I've not gotten anything yet as I am just planning for my new home which will be in February. I just plan to add the sonos arc sorround to the tv and a ps5 eventually. 

Userlevel 7

I have seen some LG CX users have issues getting multichannel PCM audio to play from certain Blu-ray players to the Arc. I’m not sure it is an issue with the PS5 though.

Do you have any suggestions for set ups? Its mind boggling to think that you can buy top of the line products and they don't seem to work together..

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, there are so many possible combinations of TV/Devices/Sonos Arc setups that I couldn’t suggest anything with 100% confidence. And the fact that the Arc and the PS5 are such new products doesn’t help. I only know what works for me. But my TV is seven years old. I’m sure others with a similar setup could give you some recommendations.