Answered

Sonos Arc and Sonos Amp

• 21 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I am considering the following setup:

• Sonos Arc as the “CENTER” speaker.
  • Sonos Amp to drive my passive HECO L/R speakers.

I would hardwire the Arc to the TV via HDMI/ARC and add the Amp as L/R. Will this work? There is no need for surrounds!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ratty 21 August 2022, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This won’t work well. The Arc already contains the L, C and R channels. 

You could add the Amp as a separate ‘room’ and group it with the Arc, but although it would be in sync for music it would lag behind the Arc for TV content via the HDMI, giving rise to an echo.

OK - is there any way to keep the old fashion HECO speakers and add ANY Sonos bar in the same room? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

OK - is there any way to keep the old fashion HECO speakers and add ANY Sonos bar in the same room? Thank you!

No.

you can add any speakers into a group. The “room” name is just a label for ease of identifying a particular speaker/speaker set, so you could, for example, have an Arc/Sub/2xOne’s as a Home Theatre arrangement and physically have a pair of Fives in the same room for stereo music-playing duty. Or an Amp could drive your existing speakers. But as already said, if you then grouped Home Theatre with Music there’s be a delay on the TV source to the Music speakers. They would be in sync for music though. 

Hmm… OK! Thank you for your quick help.