Answered

Sonos Amp: Outdoor Speakers / Indoor Speakers /TV

• 31 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi!  

So I suck at setting up home audio. My question may sound elementary for many but I wanted to see if anyone had a solution here.  I own the following Sonos items: (1) Sonos Amp and (2) Sonos Play 1s.

I recently purchased a home that has 2 wired outdoor speakers installed.  What I would like to do is setup my living room TV with my Sonos Amp and 2 Sonos Play 1s WHILE also connecting the 2 wired outdoor speakers to the living room amp. 

What I DO NOT want to happen is when I watch my living room TV for the sound NOT to play on the 2 wired outdoor speakers.  Rather I’d like to operate the outdoor and indoor speakers separately (i.e., music being played outdoors while the basketball game playing indoors) but I’d also like to have the option of playing all rooms together if I were to listen to music.  Hope that makes sense. 

Is there a way to do this without purchasing more equipment?     

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 November 2020, 03:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No. In order to have the outdoor and indoor speakers operate separately, you’d need a second Sonos Amp. The Amp can only play a single input at a time.