Answered

Sonos Amp

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Good Morning everyone,

I have 2 Sonos Play:1 speakers with which I listen music via the Sonos S2 App, wirelessly, on my phone

I wish I could listen to my cds from the portable cd player and I saw online that I need a Sonos Conect Amp.

I've seen some Sonos amp connect devices on ebay, Sonos ZonePlayer ZP100 Digital Music System Multi Room, I wanna buy of second hand.

Before buying it, I would like to know if it is the correct device to listen to the compact discs from the Sonos Play audio speakers: 1 or I need another device.

Any kind of suggestion is appreciated

Best

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 August 2022, 08:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Sonos Amp or the older Connect Amp are for powering passive speakers.

To hook your CD player to your Play 1s you need a Connect (no Amp) or the newer Port.

Pay attention to the version you buy, make sure it is an S2 compatible device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Here is the compatibility list. You would need a CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, or PLAY:5 manufactured in 2015 or later.

Assuming, of course, that the PLAY:1s are set up for S2. 

Assuming, of course, that the PLAY:1s are set up for S2. 

Even then, still smart to pick up an S2 compatible device so you can upgrade later, particularly if you ever add an S2 only device to your setup.