Sonance Ceiling as Front Channels

• 20 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Does anyone have experience using Sonance in-ceiling speakers as front channels via an amp for TV? Will be using a second amp for rear channels, bonded with the front.

Additionally, does anyone have experience using Sonance in-ceiling speakers outdoors in a fully covered porch? I know I can use other speakers, but I am thinking that true play could assist with directional output of the front channels. 

To give some context, I will primarily be using these for music (full setting), but occasionally would like to setup a projector for movies and sports and was wondering how these speakers will perform. It doesn’t have to be perfect. But I prefer this setup vs Sonance wall or a sound bar. 

Ceiling is 9.5 feet, speakers will be positioned in quadrants, 3-4 feet off each corner. Porch is 16 long by 13 wide. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

One other option that crossed my mind is to go with the Sonance outdoor speakers, and wall mount them in each corner and tilt at a 45 degree angle downwards.

This would not look as nice as the ceiling speakers, but possible could sound better?