Should i upgrade Beam to Arc? Home theater 5.1.2 set up

• 26 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi I have a beam, sub, + 2 play:1 speakers set up for home theater surround. I’m happy with the system but very tempted to upgrade to the new Arc soundbar. The main problem is my Vizio 75” P-series quantum doesn’t have eArc, so I guess I couldn’t get true Atmos, but I think can pass through Dolby digital. Question is whether it’s worth the upgrade… any thoughts? Has anyone upgraded and can say whether it’s worth it? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The Arc is worth the upgrade because it is a much larger sound bar with more drivers than the Beam which will give you a more immersive audio experience. The Arc also supports audio formats like Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos unlike the Beam.

Even though your TV doesn’t have HDMI eARC, your TV might still be able to pass through Dolby Atmos audio via Dolby Digital Plus especially using your TV’s internal apps like VUDU.

If you have any external media devices like a Blu-ray player or Apple TV, you could also add the HDFury Arcana device to your setup which would allow you to get Dolby TrueHD/Atmos and multichannel LPCM audio to play through the Arc. If you are willing to spend a little extra on the Arcana, upgrading to the Arc is definitely worth it.