Should i buy?!?

• 28 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have the opportunity to buy this Sonos set up consisting of 1 x Sonos Playbar, 1 x subwoofer, 4 x speakers Gen 2, 4 x connect amps ZP120 Gen 2. Plus cables and wall brackets- All for £2000.

However I'm not sure why I would need the 4 x amps as I intend to use the whole system in my living room for listening to music and watching TV. Could anyone give me their thoughts on what these are used for?

Also is £2000 a fair price?

Any comments would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Connect:Amps are primarily used to power passive speakers like bookshelf, floor standing, or in-ceiling speakers. You can also use a Connect:Amp to connect a turntable or CD player to your Sonos system.

If all of the devices are in good condition and in good working order and the Connect:Amps are all Gen 2, £2000 is a fair price.

Connect:Amps are primarily used to power passive speakers like bookshelf, floor standing, or in-ceiling speakers. You can also use a Connect:Amp to connect a turntable or CD player to your Sonos system.

If all of the devices are in good condition and in good working order and the Connect:Amps are all Gen 2, £2000 is a fair price.

Thanks for your reply.  In that case I don't think I will need the amps and may sell on unless would I connect the amps to the 4 x speakers?

Userlevel 7

Thanks for your reply.  In that case I don't think I will need the amps and may sell on unless would I connect the amps to the 4 x speakers?

No, the four Ones are powered speakers that don’t require a Connect:Amp.