Should i add Play 5 to Sonos ARC, pair ones, and Sub

• 29 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Will the Play 5make a difference if added to Arc+ 2 ones, and sub? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot add any more Sonos speakers to an Arc/Sub/Ones 5.1.2 home theater setup other than a second Sub. You could group a Play:5 to your current setup but it wouldn’t technically be part of your 5.1.2 system. It would just be an extra speaker in a separate zone. And in TV mode, the grouped Play:5 will have a slight audio delay.

Thanks, a buddy was going to sell me his Play 5 Gen 2 for $200 😂.  Maybe I’ll use it for the masters

Userlevel 7

$200 is a great deal for a used Play:5, and a master bedroom would be a great home for it.

Unrelated, but does the amp really make a difference in sound based on my setup? Just want to justify another $700+.   Seems like I’m just getting drawn to buying more Sonos LOL.

Userlevel 7

The Sonos Amp is not required for your setup. The Amp is needed if you ever want to add wired, passive third-party speakers to your Sonos ecosystem like outdoor speakers, bookshelf speakers, or in-ceiling speakers.