Answered

Setup for Sonos Arc

• 26 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 9 replies

Please forgive me. I am not tech savy at all. I currently have the Sonos 5.1 home theater system with playbase. I have ordered the Sonos Arc. How will  I go about removing the playbase from the system and then installing the arc ?

I also would like to sell the playbase to a friend. How do I factory reset the playbase ?

Thank you in advance for kind responses.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 26 May 2020, 17:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

To remove the playbase, unplug from power and remove the optical cord from the back of your TV.  How to physically remove the playbase from it’s location is going to depend on your specific setup.  The Arc will come with setup instructions.

Here are the instructions to factory reset a Sonos device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Since they haven’t shipped, we don’t know if Sonos will include a special ‘replace’ process in the software. However, it wouldn’t have to be a difficult thing to do normally. You could just un-bond your surrounds and SUB from your PLAYBASE, add the Arc to your Sonos System, and re-bond the surrounds and SUB to the new Arc. Probably 3 to 5 minutes, tops. 

Here is how to factory reset. It is indeed a wise thing to do before giving or selling an Sonos device to someone else!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Since they haven’t shipped, we don’t know if Sonos will include a special ‘replace’ process in the software. However, it wouldn’t have to be a difficult thing to do normally. You could just un-bond your surrounds and SUB from your PLAYBASE, add the Arc to your Sonos System, and re-bond the surrounds and SUB to the new Arc. Probably 3 to 5 minutes, tops. 

Here is how to factory reset. It is indeed a wise thing to do before giving or selling an Sonos device to someone else!

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Danny

Right now everything is set up via the Sonos Boost.