Setup for new customer

• 26 April 2019
  • 4 replies

All,

I have been reading the forums and greatly appreciate the community here. I have decided to put Sonos thorough pout my house. I will mount 2 play fives in my great room for music (replace some corner mounted Bose); place a playbase in my kitchen under that TV (Double use for music in there), put two play fives in another room where I have another set of corner mounted speakers for listening during get together (replace some corner mounted Bose), and then I have a sun entertainment room that is 30x15 where half is setup for viewing my TV (TV on short wall).

So that is my last area to put some speakers... I primarily want to watch movies out there but would like to watch DVD concerts and be able to stream music. For that room I am divided... Would you recommend a Sonos 5.1 setup or should I do this deal with an SONOS connect attached?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

My link did not come through the possible other setup for surround sound would be
Pair of Klipsch R-610F Floor Standing Speakers
Pair of Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speakers
One Klipsch R-52C Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch R-100SW 300W Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V685 7.2-Ch Receiver

With a SONOS Connect
If you're going to watch TV/Movies and want a full 5.1 setup there, I'd do the same thing that you're doing with your other TV.

However, if it's more listening to music than it is watching video, then I'd think seriously about a Sonos Amp, and a good pair of speakers for the Amp to power. You would only get a "phantom" center channel on the TV, but you could still use a pair of Sonos speakers as surround speakers. And then you could spend what you want on the front speakers, given that they match what the Amp can handle.
Only one TV. So whole house music will be SONOS play 5s basically. Essentially my main movie watching wondering if should just get the:

Pair of Klipsch R-610F Floor Standing Speakers
Pair of Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speakers
One Klipsch R-52C Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch R-100SW 300W Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V685 7.2-Ch Receiver

and connect it in with a Sonos connect or something... Or if I should just get the SONOS 5.1 and it have it all native SONOS but lose Atmos and the additional channels. Wondering if it would be on par or better than:

SONOS Beam
SONOS Play Ones as rear
SONOS Sub
Sorry, I've never owned those other speakers, so I can't provide an intelligent comparison.