Answered

Setting up indoor/outdoor system

• 1 July 2019
  • 2 replies

So i'm about to purchase a system and was curious on the best way to optimize my set up affordably. What i'm wanting is a soundbar for the inside (living room) and 2 outdoor speakers for my patio; all obviously linked to my tv.

Thoughts: Can I purchase a beam for inside (medium sized room) which connects to my amp (along with tv), and have an outdoor speaker pair connect to the amp as well? Just want to connect the 3 speakers in easiest way possible. I haven't purchased anything yet.

I also have a PS4 i'd like to link up somehow as well.. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 1 July 2019, 22:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

With the Sonos multiroom system, if you have a soundbar connect to the TV, any other Sonos speaker in your home can play the same or different audio that your soundbar is playing...including the TV audio. So for your situation, you can get a Beam and then a Sonos amp with two outdoor speakers, and you're done. You won't have to connect the Beam and amp together with a wire as they work together wirelessly.

Please note thought that for TV audio, the outdoor audio will be slightly behind the indoor audio, but this won't be noticable when the speakers are not in the same room.
Thanks @melvimbe!