Skip to main content
Question

Setting up a home surround sound system

• 26 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I want to set up a home surround system with Sonos speakers.  My preference is to use four in ceiling speakers and one Beam.  Will this do for a good setup?  My preference is to primarily use in ceiling speakers for this purpose.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos doesn’t really support this setup. If you want to use the Beam, you can only add two surround speakers to this setup.

If you want to use the four in-ceiling speakers, then you will have to exclude the Beam and use two Sonos Amps - one to power the two front speakers and one to power the two surround speakers.

Thank you for this.  As a follow up, it looks like you can wire speakers with the amp.  What if I wired two in ceiling speakers and kept two as Sonos wireless?  Would that give me the four speakers and one center channel I’m looking for?

Userlevel 7

Thank you for this.  As a follow up, it looks like you can wire speakers with the amp.  What if I wired two in ceiling speakers and kept two as Sonos wireless?  Would that give me the four speakers and one center channel I’m looking for?

A center channel speaker isn't supported in a Sonos home theater setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

A center channel speaker isn't supported in a Sonos home theater setup.

Except when the centre channel is incorporated in a soundbar such as Arc.