Answered

Roam mute at phone calls

• 17 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi community! I have a Roam for streaming music on my patio via bluetooth. The issue is that when I make or receive a call (Iphone 12) the music mutes on Roam until the call is finished. I would like the music to continue playing during the phone call.  Any suggestions?

Best regards

Ludde

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 June 2021, 22:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Roam isn’t muting the audio, your phone is just not sending audio to the Roam while you’re on a phone call.  It would have to be a setting on your phone’s OS (android/iOS) to tell it to continue playing bluetooth audio when you receive a phone call.

I don’t see such a setting on android, and not at all surprised.  You’re essentially asking your phone to play two audio streams at the same time, and it’s not designed for that.  In many cases, the bluetooth speaker/headphones you are connected to can also take your phone calls, so you wouldn’t even want that feature.

As far as a work around, use something other than your phone as your bluetooth sending device, or play through WiFi if possible.

Hi Danny,

many thanks for your reply, makes sense. I willstream with the Ipad.

Best regards

Ludde