Replacement for 2 x Play 1s - single or twin SONOS FIVE

• 25 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a SONOS Beam and 2 Play 1s in my kitchen but want to boost the sound with a bit more (undistorted) volume.  I need to retain the Beam for the medium sized TV but in replacing the Play 1s, would a single Play Five suffice or do I need two of them.  Kitchen is 7x5 metres with a vaulted ceiling.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @David Stanton, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Regarding your question of replacing your Play 1’s with one Sonos Five, that would be enough for your Kitchen, but If you’ll have two, you may do stereo pairing with both of the Sonos Fives which would be best for your set-up. but one Sonos Five would be enough in my opinion. We can also check and wait for recommendations of other Sonos community users who may have the same kind of setup. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d go with a single Play 5, we have a large open kitchen and one sounds pretty good in there.

Consider using your Play 1s as surrounds, you’ll like the music mode sound more if you do.