Replace single One Gen 2

• 24 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Guys,

i plan to replace a single One gen 2. It is used for radio and music and as a very good timer when I bake bread 🙂 As a single speaker it is a bit too weak so I want to upgrade it to something more powerfull. 

My first choice is the Move (gen 1 or 2), not only it is bigger and more powerfull but I am liking the fact I can put it in other areas of my home easily. I doubt I will use it outside, but who knows.

My other idea is one Sonos era 100 to put in place of my One Gen 2 and a single Roam to try and see if I will ever use my speaker outside. 

Oh and the discounted price of Move Gen 1 is very tempting…

What do you think?

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Era 100, would be my choice for the fixed speaker, don’t have any mobile Sonos so I can’t help there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Era 100, would be my choice for the fixed speaker, don’t have any mobile Sonos so I can’t help there.

thank you. I am leaning towards it.

Neven

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You don’t say where you live in your profile, @Neven, but Sonos offers a lengthy home trial period in most regions. Buy it and try it; return it you’re unhappy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Neven

As you said the One you already have is a bit weak for you and you would like to have something more powerful. So the Era100 imho won’t be a good upgrade because it sounds very similar to the One. Not really more powerful. 
I use a Move 1 for about three years and I‘m very happy with it. This one IS more powerful and also I mainly use it as a fixed speaker but like the option to take it with me sometimes in the garden or outside listening to some music while fixing my bike. 
If you don’t need the option to use Move as a Bluetooth „input“ or cabled line in via adapter (what Move 2 can do), I think Move 1 with the actual price is a very good deal. 

Sonos Roam is a nice small speaker to take with you everywhere, but it’s limited in sound by its size. So at home I just use it in the bathroom to listen to radio. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You don’t say where you live in your profile, @Neven, but Sonos offers a lengthy home trial period in most regions. Buy it and try it; return it you’re unhappy. 

I live in Croatia. I haven't used a return option maybe because I picked the right apeaker. :-) My goal is to upgrade from playbar to arc which is my main source of sound. So, spending too much for a secondary speaker is not my ideal option. Thank you for replying.

Neven

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Neven

As you said the One you already have is a bit weak for you and you would like to have something more powerful. So the Era100 imho won’t be a good upgrade because it sounds very similar to the One. Not really more powerful. 

Not the one is weak but i would like a speaker that sounds beefier and punchier. And at 20 percent loud as the one at 50 percent. Something in that area.
I use a Move 1 for about three years and I‘m very happy with it. This one IS more powerful and also I mainly use it as a fixed speaker but like the option to take it with me sometimes in the garden or outside listening to some music while fixing my bike. 
If you don’t need the option to use Move as a Bluetooth „input“ or cabled line in via adapter (what Move 2 can do), I think Move 1 with the actual price is a very good deal. 

I can see myself grabbing the move and puting it on my terrace while bbq-ing but i have some sort of diagnose. I baby my speakers so much. So i fear it will never leave the house. And i have an open floor plan so it will be pretty much at a fixed place.

Sonos Roam is a nice small speaker to take with you everywhere, but it’s limited in sound by its size. So at home I just use it in the bathroom to listen to radio. 

Roam is my last choice. Maybe to try a portable Sonos and than upgrade to Move

Thank you

Neven

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Neven 

Just wanted to point out that the Era100 imho wouldn’t satisfy your sound expectations. So (also not a low cost solution) the Era300 probably would fit better, if Move or Move 2 aren‘t your favorites. 😉