Record Player + Connect + Beam + Bluetooth Headphones

• 8 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Need someone to validate this setup if possible!

I currently have a Sonos Beam (connected to a TV by HDMI arc) and a pair of bluetooth headphones i love.

I've been gifted some records - and i'd like to integrate a record player into my setup.

My plan:

• Buy a record player.
  • Connect to a phono preamp (if one isn't already in the record player)
  • Connect that to a Sonos Connect (so the record player can be played through the Beam)
  • Connect a bluetooth transmitter to the Sonos Connect (so i can choose to listen on my headphones instead of the Beam)
Will that work? Can i sync the Sonos Connect with the Beam AND connect a bluetooth transmitter? is there a better approach?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This sounds like a good plan to me. I don't think I would do anything differently.
Note that the headphones and the Beam won't play sync. For music Sonos will sync the Beam and Connect outputs, but the Bluetooth will add its own delay.

For TV audio Sonos doesn't sync the Beam and Connect even when grouped. This is because Beam is engineered for low latency to preserve TV lipsync, whereas the network connection to the Connect requires a little extra buffering.