Answered

Recommendations for new Sonos installation

• 5 January 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m looking at my first Sonos installation to cover an open plan area which includes the living/dinning room and kitchen with total area of 700sq ft. in a rectangular layout. - The must haves are ceiling speakers.

Would appreciate some recommendations on the best set-up and number of speakers to cover the area. 

thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 January 2021, 17:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

What is your budget? Do you want to include a home theater setup?

A  picture of the space, with intended seating areas and such, would also help.  Assuming you are not interested in a home theatre setup, as ceiling speakers are not good for that, then you’ll most likely want a single amp with 2 pairs of speakers.

Thanks for your reply, below in red is the site plan with the seating. the blue area is an outdoor terrace.With regards to a theatre system, I’m considering a sound bar.

haven’t set a budget yet, but i’m looking for a system within a reasonable price which still delivers a great sound quality and experience

Userlevel 7

With an unlimited budget, this is what I would recommend:

X denotes speaker location.

Userlevel 7

If you are on a very limited budget:

X denotes speaker location.

I agree with @GuitarSuperstar for the most part with a few points to make.

• You do not have to use Sonance ceiling or outdoor  speakers with the Sonos Amp if there are other speakers you prefer.
  • You could probably do with a single pair of speaker in the kitchen/dining area, with the speakers set to mono. Or, you could go the other way and use 2 amps, 1 for each pair, giving you better volume control and the ability to use only one set at a time...though probably overkill.  It looks like that space is 6 x6 meters square, correct?
  • For the front space, it looks like GuitarSuperstar placed the speaker where the door is.  I would place it on or near the fireplace if possible, since that’s where the main focus will be.  You could do a pair of Ones here, or use another amp plus ceiling speakers if you want to stick with ceiling speakers.
  • if you decide to use a Move for outside, than you could can probably place the Move in the front space and take it outside when needed.
Userlevel 7

Good catch @melvimbe. I moved the X to another spot.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback, I have a better and clear idea of the set-up now, much appreciated!