Question

Question on connecting TV to in-ceiling speakers

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

Currently I have in ceiling speakers connected to a Sonos amp, which i use mainly for music. I would like to wirelessly have my tv sound go through the in ceiling speakers. The amp is located in my mechanical room in my basement and my tv is located on my main floor. The in ceiling speakers’ wiring is all routed to the mechanical room. Currently I can watch something on my IPad and Appleplay only the sound to the speakers. I was hoping I could do something similar with my tv. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Your best option would be to connect your TV to the Amp via HDMI ARC, but since you want to go wireless, you would have to connect your TV to a Sonos home theater speaker like a Beam or Arc. You could then use your in-ceiling speakers as rear surrounds (depending on their placement) or you could group your Beam/Arc with the Amp, but you would experience a slight audio delay in your in-ceiling speakers when listening to TV audio.

Could you move the Amp up to the main floor and connect it directly to your TV?