Answered

Product Question

• 29 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am looking to buy my husband a system for Christmas but need some help picking out the pieces needed.

We currently have two mounted outdoor speakers and a sound bar by two different brands and I want to replace them with a sonos system. I want the speakers and sound bar to be able to connect to one another and play the same tunes.

I was planning on ordering the outdoor speaker pair and the multi room entertainment set with Arc and Move. Will all that work together as I expect? Is there anything else I need? Or is there a better product for my needs?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by John76 29 November 2020, 18:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ejrhodes.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information to get a better understanding of what and how to proceed. At the end of the day, everything will boil down to what would be your choice and preferred Sonos products.

Sonos home theater products.

• Sonos Arc - The link will take you to the Sonos Arc’s specifications, functionalities, limitations, and guidelines. This is the only Sonos device that is capable of playing Atmos through HDMI eArc connection ( The TV must have HDMIeARC port to get this feature).
  • Sonos Beam - The link will take you to the Sonos Beam’s specifications, functionalities, limitations, and guidelines. The very first Sonos Home theater device with voice-control capabilities.
  • Sonos Playbar - The link will take you to the Sonos Playbar’s specifications, functionalities, limitations, and guidelines. One of the Sonos device with an optical connection only (not HDMI enabled)
  • Sonos Playbase- This is no longer for sale on our website however, you may still find retail stores like for example Bestbuy who might still have this Sonos product. The only Sonos device with a build-in mini Sub to get that kick going.
  • Sonos Amp - The link will take you to the Sonos Amp’s specifications, functionalities, limitations, and guidelines. The only Sonos device with no Front center and can accommodate third-party Sub. via Sub port at the back.

Move

• Sonos Move - The link will take you to the Sonos Move’s specifications, functionalities, limitations, and guidelines. The only Bluetooth capable Sonos device and the only Sonos device with a built-in battery for wireless connectivity (power). Cannot be bonded as surrounds.

You may also want to get in touch with our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 to know what’s on sale and what to take advantage of from our sales website.

Please let us know if you still have any further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone is happy to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A Sonos Amp will work with your existing outdoor speakers, noneed to replace them.  Either a Sonos Arc or Beam would be the soundbar to get.  The soundbar and Amp could be grouped together to play the same music,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The outdoor speaker pair will need something do drive them. Within the Sonos universe this means an Amp.