Answered

Pro-Ject turntable addition

• 5 April 2022
  • 2 replies

so my partner has given me the Pro Ject T1 for my birthday.

In my front room i have 2 x Play 1, 2 X Play 3 and a sonos Beam (gen 2. All working seamisly off the app.

Looking to add into but all the ways are in to Non Sonos speakers (except the plug in to play 5) so what can i use ?

Is it any of them? some thing else?

icon

Best answer by lohr500 5 April 2022, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes. Sonos also has the Port to get sound into the Sonos ecosystem. It is somewhat less expensive than the Five (successor to the Play 5 you mention) but lacks a speaker.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Another possibility (although I haven’t tried this myself, but I believe it is possible), would be to use a Roam and a Bluetooth adaptor for your Pro Ject T1.

My understanding is that Roam can accept a Bluetooth input and then be grouped across the rest of the Sonos devices using the Sonos wifi network.

Sound quality might not be as good as a hard wired connection between the turntable and a Port or Five, but it gives the added bonus of having a portable Sonos device in your collection. 

A Roam plus quality Bluetooth adaptor would be a lot less expensive than a Port.

Please do some searching to confirm my suggestion works before going down this route though!

It is something I have been considering to connect my own Pro Ject turntable.