Answered

Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable

• 11 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I am finding myself a bit confused with all of the audio options that come along with the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and am hoping to find some input.

I own several Sonos products such as the Beam, a set of the Play:1 speakers and the sub.

My questions are:

1. Is it necessary to purchase another speaker like the Five or can I use something to push the sound out to one of my existing speakers?
  2. If I do need to purchase a Five speaker, is it possible to group it together with my current setup and play the music through my existing speakers?

Appreciate any feedback and insight! This is also my first time venturing into the turntable space. ☺️

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 August 2022, 01:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

To get the Turntable connected to the Sonos system, your will need to use a Sonos product that has a line-in port, such as:

• Port/Connect
  • Amp/Connect:Amp
  • Five/Play:5

A turntable with built-in/external pre-amp can connect to the Line-In which becomes an audio source you can play to the Sonos device or other Sonos devices, which can also be grouped together for playing the audio throughout the Home. 

My suggestion would be to go for the ‘Five’ as you also get a great speaker with that option, that’s if you can find use for the additional speaker of course.

Thank you for the feedback Keith! Do you know if there is any discernible difference between the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable (Sonos Edition)?

I’m not going to be able to assist very much here (sorry🙏), as I’m not really into Turntables and Vinyl these days, other than I guess the more expensive Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable would likely be my own preference, but I would certainly study any online reviews of both and particularly the helpful videos on YouTube before making your decision. 

Note too that Sonos sell both TT’s as part of a set with a Sonos Five. See these links for details and spec:

Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/vinyl-set-five-pro-ject-t1-turntable

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/pro-ject-debut-carbon-esprit-turntable-black

One thing that may also assist you, is that if you do purchase either TT through Sonos and you are not satisfied, then they do offer a money back guarantee scheme, so that’s perhaps worth considering too. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5030

Appreciate any feedback and insight! This is also my first time venturing into the turntable space. ☺️

After some time, using vinyl become a very tiresome chore; and unlike an Exercycle the TT won’t even serve as a clothes drying stand. Bear this in mind before opening the wallet!