Price Increase

• 23 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Did Sonos just increase price across its product line on June 22, 2023 without any notice? I was looking at Play 5s and Outdoor Speakers and while still researching they both went up by $50 each from one day to the next. What’s going on, it’s the same product and no a newer release so why the price increase. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What country are you in? The price in the US is still $549. In fact there is a $50 price cut on a pair of Fives. Can’t comment on the Sonos Outdoor speakers as I haven’t looked at them for quite some time. 

To answer your question Sonos (for sure) nor any company: as a rule, does not announce price increases.

Note: Sonos is an international company as is this community. If you don’t want indicate your location in your profile that’s OK. However, when asking a question such as yours the country of origin is a must need-to-know.

I don’t track Sonos prcing very closely, so can’t full confirm whether prices went up or not.  Usually, a media source will pick up on it and write something on it, and I don’t see that now.  I believe Sonos did just end a sale, so that might be the what you’re noticing.

And I agree, companies aren’t under any obligation to give notice of price increases.   They may chose to announce if they think it will give a temporarily bump in sales (pretty much the reason for a sale price), or not if they think they are better off with the higher price.   It’s similar, but different, to the reason that companies typically don’t give advance notice to upcoming new products.

Userlevel 1
Badge

SONOS products had been on sale and reverted to their regular prices on June 18 in the US.

Badge +2

What country are you in? The price in the US is still $549. In fact there is a $50 price cut on a pair of Fives. Can’t comment on the Sonos Outdoor speakers as I haven’t looked at them for quite some time. 

To answer your question Sonos (for sure) nor any company: as a rule, does not announce price increases.

Note: Sonos is an international company as is this community. If you don’t want indicate your location in your profile that’s OK. However, when asking a question such as yours the country of origin is a must need-to-know.

Thanks for that information, I’m in the United States, I’ll complete my profile. It was a disturbing because when I logged into my Sonos account using safari browser on my phone on Wednesday it was $549 with a 15% upgrade discount making it $467. When I logged in yesterday using safari browser the price shows $699 with a 15% upgrade discount making it $594. When I searched Sonos Play:5 on Google using Google Chrome browser on Sonos website it’s listed as $549 without any upgrade discount.