Pre purchase about Sonos Beam bass

• 29 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Hi, whats the general consensus amongst those of u who have the Sonos Beam, is the bass effective enough during action movies for example? The reason I ask is I went into my local John Lewis expecting to walk out with a Beam but the demos that was playing didn’t really impress. This is the total opposite of when I bough my Play 1’s, the sound from them blew me away. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Goodness of sound is always a personal viewpoint. Occasionally, I'll participate in an audio "showdown". Depending on the observer, the same product is "wonderful" or "terrible" -- "I don't understand how you could like that product". In the end it is mostly a hilarious "My dog is better than your dog" situation and everyone goes home mad. Trust your own instincts.

Do your PLAY:1's have enough bass for action movies? PLAY:1's have a very reasonable bass response for such a small speaker. If you couldn't see the PLAY:1's would they still have reasonable bass output?

SUB could satisfy your bass needs.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
It’s not bad but nothing like what you’d get from the sub. I’ve noticed trueplay tuning GREATLY reduces the bass. Ok all sonos speakers.
Badge +1
Thanks for the replies. I’ve gone ahead and taken the plunge, i’ll see how it sounds later on today.