Answered

Power Surge Protector

• 2 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I recently got the Arc and Subwoofer. I’m looking for some recommendations on a new power surge protector. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 January 2021, 08:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Any basic power strip with surge protection will protect your Arc and Sub. Is there something specific you are looking for in a surge protector?

Badge

Well it would also be for my Samsung 55 and I was wondering anyone had thoughts on any smart power strips. 

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other devices you are connecting to your TV like a streaming media device or Blu-ray player? Do you want to be able to control the power strip with Alexa or with an app?

Badge

I do have an AppleTV, and would like to control it through an app. I do currently own a TPLink Kasa smart power strip for my humidifier, space heater, grow lights. And I like the ease of use it provides with the app. If I get another Kasa power strip would it be suitable for my TV, Arc, and Sub?

Userlevel 7

Yes, the TP-Link smart power strip would work just fine. And the six outlets would be enough for your four devices. Although it is much more expensive than most power strips.

Badge

Great! Thanks for your help @GuitarSuperstar!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you don’t need smart features something like this gives excellent protection for a fair price. The connected equipment warranty can really pay off too.I have a lot of these, 2 to 8 outlets.

Brand Tripp Lite
Color White
Material Metal
Voltage 120 Volts
Maximum Surge Rating 3330 Joules

https://smile.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Protector-Right-Angle-ISOBAR4ULTRA/dp/B0000513O4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1