Porch Setup w/ Sonos Amp

• 17 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi!!!

We are currently building an outdoor covered porch. I have 4 ceiling speakers that are rated for outdoor use, that I’m planning to power with a Sonos Amp. The Amp will be stored inside the house. The speakers will be evenly distributed in quadrants across a 16x13 porch.

I am planning to have a BenQ projector and connect it via HDMI ARC to the Sonos Amp. I am not an audiophile looking for 5.1 surround (we have a good Sonos 5.1 setup inside). The projector is going to be something we bring outside from time to time, and use for movies with the kids, or sports with friends.

I was hoping that the 4 ceiling speakers will not sound like complete trash, and would be acceptable to use from time to time for events mentioned above. Our main purpose for the speakers will be music, and I am not interested/nor have a good location for a soundbar.

Here are the speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_749CCM382/Bowers-Wilkins-Flexible-Series-CCM382.html

Any and all advise will be much appreciated!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

Also would be helpful to understand how the Amp will process the sound - assuming two speakers would be the left channel, and the other two speakers would the right channel (as a stereo pair)?