Answered

Playing mp3 files from PC to Sonos Arc

• 13 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi Guys. I am new to Sonos and am contemplating buying the Arc.

I have two questions:

1. When I connect my tv, via arc to a yamaha receiver, it states dolby digital+ when I watch Netflix. Am I correct in think this means I will get dolby digital+ on the Sonos Arc, via arc, if I buy one? My tv does not have earc.

2. I would like to know if I can play mp3 files, from my android phone or PC, through the Sonos Arc. If so, how is it done?

Please can someone help me as I would like to know these answers before I part with the cash?

For anyone who is interested, I am aware my current 5.1 system is probably better but I am looking for a minimal system. I do not have a large movie collection so the lack of Dts support is not an issue.

Reviews suggest this is a good option for a stand alone soundbar.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by John B 13 October 2020, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi.

1 If your TV can output DD+ over HDMI then the Arc can play it.

2. Yes you can play MP3 files stored on your PC. You set up a Sonos Music Library (really just telling Sonos where the files are,  so that it can index and play them). Your PC needs to be on and awake but you can control the music using the phone app

Files on your phone can easily be played too. You just select the music source to be 'on this mobile device'.

That's fantastic @John B. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Glad to help. To get really good surround sound you need a pair of One SL speakers, but you don't have to get those immediately. Or a pair of used Play:1s.

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks