Question

Playbar vs Playbase

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Does anyone have first hand experience of comparing the Playbar Vs the Playbase? I have a Playbase and am quite disapointed with the separation it provides while watching movies. Only with the addition of 2 Play 1's does it really sound like a surround sound system. I do realise youre not quite going to get the surround sound effect as you would with multiple speakers but the sound just seemed to be coming from the speaker and it struggled to create a soundstage. Having been to the local retailer recently i compared the Playbar and Playbase instore, the Playbar seemed superior to the point im thinking of returning the playbase and getting the playbar. can anyone share their experience.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Yeah i have both. I bought a new tv as my playbar sat a little high in front of my tv,so i bought a playbase for the tv to sit on top. The playbar for me definitely sounds much better and deeper than the playbase when played alone,but with my play 1s and the sub there is nothing in it.
Thanks for replying Nando010 .It was bought to be a one box solution, i.e the play 1's I have will be in other rooms. So of the two if i were not to have additional speakers (play 1's or sub) I would be better off going with the playbar?. I know the playbase has a built in sub and it seems to add alot of weight to music and movies, but is the playbar low range noticeably lacking in comparison?..
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Yeah on its own the playbar i dont think it lacks any low range compared to the playbase at all, if anything i think the playbar sounds slightly deeper. I thought the built in sub would make a difference but TBH i dont think it has.
hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. I think I will switch for the playbar.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
No probs ,let me know how you get on.