Question

Playbar Vs 2 x Play 1s

• 26 October 2014
  • 3 replies

What would sond better for music please. A Playbar or 2 x Play 1s

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
2 Play:1's would sound better for music.  Playbar adds a surround effect to music so it is better for television/movies.

I think the Play:1's lack a little in bass unless you have close to a wall or corner (which gives more bass).  I would recommend 2 Play:3's for music.
I have a playbar with two play 1's and a sub in the main living room and the sound from all four is fantastic (if not pricey to setup) for movies, gaming and music. If I was just interested in listening to music I would definitely just go for the 2xplay 1's or if you can afford a play5 2nd Gen
A playbar will give more bass and definition, two play:1's will give better stereo effect in a big room as you can separate them more. You can connect a playbar to an external audio source (optical), the play:1's are easier to move and water resistant (garden party?). Both options can take a sub to enhance sound. You can always add a playbar to a pair of play:1's for a surround setup.