Play 5 too much?

• 18 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

i currently live in a 6 story apartment with an open floor concept (living room, kitchen and dining room combined).

i have a beam attached to the tv with 2 Sonos Ones for surround sound.

I just bought a Play 5 for the kitchen.

My question: Would the Play 5 give enough sound quality and separation in the space or should I just get another Sonos One for the kitchen. I’ve provided photos for a point of reference.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hopefully someone else tags in with some other feedback. I'd say the Play:5 may be a bit big, but it also would sound great in the whole room if you didn't want it grouped with the Beam at the same time.

Another option, since it's about to come out, would be the Move. It has a wider sound stage and bigger overall than a Sonos One, but not quite a Play:5. Also, that way you have a portable unit for if you wanted to take it somewhere else easily.
Based off the pictures, I propose two Sonos Ones in the kitchen - one in the corner next to the refrigerator, and the other in the corner next to the coffee machine.
Thank you guys so much. I actually did look at the Move or moving to Ones in the kitchen.

I actually just just saw a Play 5 on sale at Bestbuy for $399, $100 cheaper than the one I just got.

Im gonna return my current and get that one. I figured that’s too good of a deal to turn down and it’s the same cost as the Move lol
That's indeed a great price, even if it's open box. Just make sure it's a gen 2 PLAY:5.