Answered

Play 5 first gen - trade in

• 11 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

I have a Playbar, a pair of Play 3’s and a SUB on a S2 app. I plan to buy used Play 5 gen1 and use it in a trade in program. What do I have to do? Regiser it in S2 app or install S1 just for the Play 5?

Thank you

Neven

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 August 2021, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

The Play:5 (Gen 1) is only compatible with the S1 app, so you would have to set it up using the S1 app.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Got it! So, i set the speaker in S1, report it to trade in program and than i can use the discount?  I suppose all of it is linked to single account? Also, is there a way to check if the trade in discount is used on the specific product?

Neven

Got it! So, i set the speaker in S1, report it to trade in program and than i can use the discount?  I suppose all of it is linked to single account? Also, is there a way to check if the trade in discount is used on the specific product?

Neven

The trade in discount can be used on any product, including speaker sets.  Be forewarned though that if the previous owner already used the Play:5 for a discount, you will not be able to use it for discount again.  If you have not already purchased the Play:5 I would asked the owner about the discount before purchasing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I would asked the owner about the discount before purchasing.

Can he send me a confirmation that the discount has been used (serial number i can check) or do I have to trust him?

Neven. 

Unfortunately, you have to trust him, there is no way to check whether or not the device’s trade in has been used or not, other than actually trading it in. 

I suppose you may be able to call in with a serial number, but I wouldn’t lay money on that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Unfortunately, you have to trust him, there is no way to check whether or not the device’s trade in has been used or not, other than actually trading it in. 

I suppose you may be able to call in with a serial number, but I wouldn’t lay money on that. 

Thank you very much.

Neven

If you’re buying through ebay or similar site, you should have a money back guarantee of some sort if the product isn’t as advertised.  As well, you can give poor reviews.