Question

Play 5 and two 1's

• 29 November 2016
  • 1 reply

I currently have a play 5 that I've been using in a large living room for about 2 months. While I really like it, I often feel it has trouble filling the entire room. Anyway, I recently bought two play 1's (black Friday sale) that I planned on putting in a bedroom and kitchen for the full multi-room experience. However, I think I made the mistake of testing out the two 1's (stereo-paired) in the same room as the 5...the sound was absolutely incredible, a full surround system experience, and now I'm more conflicted than ever on what to do.

I moved the 1's into their intended spots in the kitchen and bedroom, and while the multi-room experience is cool, I'm not crazy about how the 1's sound as stand-alone speakers (especially after listening in conjunction with the 5). What's the best approach from here? I don't want to spend that much more money here, but do want that surround sound in the living room back. Should I move the 1's back in the living room and get a 3 for the bedroom? Or perhaps pair another 5 in the living room (will this sound better than a 5 and two 1's?) and just be happy with the 1's?

Sorry, I know this is a petty problem but would love suggestions on how to get the best sound for my apartment (1 Bedroom, large living room, hallway and kitchen).

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You have to first answer the question: What is your budget for this today?