Answered

Outside speakers

• 16 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Play 3 that I really like.  Is there something similar that can remain outdoors?  I would like music around my pool and have electrical outlets available.  My preference would be to use wifi or bluetooth with speakers that I plug into power.

Does this exist?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 August 2021, 01:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos doesn’t make a powered speaker that can remain outdoors permanently. But you could get the Sonos Move and take it outdoors when you need it, or get a set of Sonos Architectural by Sonance outdoor speakers, or other third-party outdoor passive speakers, and power them with a Sonos Amp.

See link below. These are probably your best bet, where you can either place the wired, or wireless, Amp indoors, or in a weatherproof enclosure, and cable it to the outdoor speakers supplied. The Amp also has a line-in to which you can attach a bluetooth receiver to play the Bluetooth audio sources.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp-and-outdoor-set.html