Answered

Onkyo TX NR646

• 12 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I would like to get a couple sonos one and a playbar to connect to my Onkyo TX NR646 and existing sub to create a surround sound experience. From what I've been reading the Onkyo TX NR646 is NOT on the "works with sonos" list but have others been able to make it work? Maybe with sonos connect? Help!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 September 2018, 21:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Playbar is not meant to be used with an existing A/V receiver. It is a standalone soundbar that can only be bonded with Sonos speakers and the Sonos Sub for 5.1.

The "Works with Sonos" label on Onkyo receivers means a Sonos Connect can be used to control the receiver and play as a source, but you would still need wired speakers and sub connected to the Onkyo.
Thank you jgatie. What a bummer. So just to confirm. The only way to get Sonos surround sound is to only get sonos speakers to work together? i.e. playbar, sonos one, etc? they cannot be integrated with an existing receiver and sub? Thanks in advance.
Yes. That is correct.