Question

Office solution

• 15 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, i work in a office where we love to listen to Music when we work. And the system we have today is pretty outdated and we need a upgrade. I have the pleasure to choose this new system. So any advice and Product recomendations is accepted. Thanks 😃

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I'd go with Sonos..
Sonos does not work at all with network based authentications like 802.1x, EAP, Radius, and so on. You may need to cable all Sonos units with Ethernet cables.

Everyone who has a controller installed on a workstation, laptop, phone, or tablet can control and change the playback and volume at any time -- technology can't solve this people problem.

You'll still need to figure out a music source and each online service (ex. Spotify) can only be associated with a single user credential.

Alexa integration can only be done to a single user credential.

Practically speaking, it means that anyone with a home Sonos system will need to understand that it will be very, very hard to not have both the work and home Sonos units always at the newest and current Sonos release. When one person updates the work Sonos speaker, everyone else will have to update their controller, and then when they go home, they'll have to update the home Sonos units to the newest version.

You will only be able to Trueplay tune Sonos for one location/desk.

If none of those are issues, Sonos could work out well.