Answered

Newbie advice from the pros!

• 31 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone - we’ve recently brought a new house and wanted to purchase a multi-room sound system and have been recommended Sonos. 

We have thought about buying the Arch - connected to our TV via HDMI cable and two Move systems, one for upstairs and one for the downstairs / garden. 

I’ve got a few questions and would be very grateful for any advice or info… 

Can we ‘pair’ all three of the above speakers so we can play music throughout the house at the same time? 

We have two iphones (iphone 11 and 12) can we play different music through ‘paired’ speakers, i.e. my wife wants to listen to something upstairs and I want to listen to something different in the garden? 

How does the app work? do we log-in to app and then link our Apple Music account, so we can use voice control? can more than one person have the app on their phone or tablet? 

Thanks, Matt 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 December 2020, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You will assign each speaker to a room in your house. You will be able to “group” all three speakers and play music in all three rooms at the same time. 

If you and your wife want to play different music in different rooms, you can ungroup the speakers so they act as individual speakers.

You will use the app to set up your speakers. The app can be installed on multiple devices. You can add Apple Music as one of your streaming services. And you can set up Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control.

Thank you @GuitarSuperstar that is so helpful, is it easy to set up as you have described for a tech idiot? 

Thank you again… 

In my opinion, the less you think you know, the easier it tends to be to set up. Often those with complex setups that they’re connecting to have more issues. In general, it’s designed for your grandparents to set up. 

Userlevel 7

Yes, the Sonos app will walk you through every step of the setup process. And if you have any issues, you can always come back to this forum and people here will be happy to assist you.